Friday, June 21, 2013

A Day at the Beach

Here is Ellie and her corn pizza. Corn Pizza? She thought I like pizza and corn, so why not together? We thought it was kind of yucky, everyone agreed. Because we lived on the west side of city in a Jewish community, most places were kosher. So when we were feeling like some meat, we had to do a bit of traveling for it. But we found that Sam liked his pizza with red onions and Jayne liked hers with tomatoes, but Ellie wasn't super fond of the corn pizza.

We had a day when we just hung around home. We decided that we aren't very good at just hanging out when there is so much to see, so we only did one day of that. We did run up to the grocery store and the kids played outside while we did our shopping.


Cheese for the camera.


But the next day we were ready for our next adventure--- off to the beach. Our friends, the Stratfords, had told us of a great beach at Ashkelon National Park, so we made our way there. We had great directions and made it there without a problem- except for in the car. Sam went to grab the tablet from Jayne and pulled on it and then let go, smashing into her nose and she got a wicked awesome bloody nose.

....which lead to a blood mouth. Oh there is drama, as you can see the tears. It is was hard to be Jayne then. 

We made it to the beach, and everyone felt better. There were big wood canapĂ©s that provided great shade for Seth on the beach. The kids instantly jumped into the waves. The life guards kept yelling at us in Hebrew until we came in a little closer, so I am pretty sure they were yelling at us. Because the kids were used to the big waves of Hawaii, they were unintimidated by these waves, but the life guards didn't know that. 

Jake wasn't sure he liked the waves for a minute, but it didn't take long for him to jump in. 




Jayne was so happy to just play in the sand after playing in the waves for a bit.


Run Jaker's, run.


I love the sand so much. It provides hours of fun.







Me and the boy child under the canapĂ©. 




Its great they are still little and are content to be entertained by the beach. I told Seth our kids were a great age to go adventuring because they still liked going to a park and are not so bugged that they aren't with their friends or whatever. 


Love these "bro-bros"-that's what Jake calls Sam.



Sometimes it feels like there is a lot on my shoulders, but it doesn't always feel that way. I have to let go. I have to swim in the ocean and play on the beach with my kids. I have to laugh and cry and be myself. I can't always let it sit on my shoulders. I am not trying to ignore it, but I am trying to learn to trust in it. That may sound odd, to trust in my trial, but I have to trust that when I need to be strong, I can do it, and when I need to let it go, I can do it. And when I need to have someone else help, I can be humble. Its not easy, and I fail continually. But I too am human. I too can try again. That is what this life is about. From the optimist view, the sun arises every morning to give new light. I am truly grateful for that. 

I was grateful for a day at the beach.

1 comment: