Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How we're doing

About us:

Sometimes I feel like all I say is about what we are doing, instead of how we are. The kids are all doing well. Sam has such an amazing capacity to retain the information given to him. This time here will truly change him if he lets it. And Ellie has the capacity to feel every experience. She too will be changed, I believe. Jayne and Jake have been challenged with the change, but have also benefited by just being together. That is what they want most anyway: to be close. They may not remember the amazing places we have traveled but they will remember that we were together. 

Of coarse we are very grateful to be here. I think I had hoped that the medical trial was "why" we were supposed to come. Seth will say that it wasn't our main reason though, and that we were clearly prompted "just to come". But for me, it was the medical option that pulled us over the ocean. So, having hit what seems like a dead-end with the trial, I find myself questioning, why were we supposed to come here? Maybe that won't be made known to us until later, but as we try to make decisions about when to leave and where to go next, it's not yet clear about why we came. Though I'd hoped for that answer, I have no regrets in coming. 

The other day when I asked Seth what his favorite part of our trip was, he said,"Peace of Mind"...peace of mind that we followed the direction we felt prompted to go, even when it didn't seem like the best or easiest or popular choice. I believe that following what we feel is right, in the end, will give you peace of mind, and offer the greatest opportunities to be stretched, refined, and brought closer to God. Sometimes I could use a little less stretching, but usually if I go to sleep, the next morning I am grateful again. Will we have our answer? I believe we will. Can we have faith it will come. Yes. Can we control that timeline? No. But we will keep believing and trusting. 

Loves to all of you near and far. Thanks for being our global village. :)

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Amy, thank you. Love to all, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I agree so much with the need for doing what brings peace of mind. Sometimes we have to get completely out of our comfort zone to achieve it, that's the irony. The paths you have chosen, the decisions you have made, they inspire many of us and you have our love and support and prayers each and every single day. We are missing you all very much. xo

    ReplyDelete